Cosmos Community update
Thank you so much for your participation in our first mission. The engagement was fantastic and at the same time a bit overwhelming. Let me be very candid, we didn’t expect so much engagement! That’s why we had to pull the plug on day two, as we had overreached our maximum number of entries.
If you feel there’s something wrong with your airdrop please raise a ticket on the following link and we’ll cheq it for you: https://support.cheqd.io/
Here are some cool numbers from Mission one.
Total number of entries: 25,729 (max number of participants was originally 20,000)
Eligible entries: ~15,500
Top 3 reasons for not being eligible:
- Didn’t provide a cheqd wallet address (many provided ETH and BTC)
- Didn’t follow us on Twitter
- Didn’t join us on Telegram and/or Discord
Wrong wallet address:
- ~9,000 people didn’t provide a wallet address
- ~30 people provided the help text as their wallet address
- >20 people provided a truncated cheqd wallet address (i.e. didn’t copy the FULL address “cheqd1xxx….xxx”
- 1 person used >70 fake email addresses to have multiple entries
- 1 person (possibly the same person) used >90 fake email addresses
- 1 person shared a wallet’s MNEMONIC!
Bonus: >50 individuals provided more than one wallet address from different networks linked to the same account
- >8,000 people didn’t follow us on Twitter
- ~9,000 people didn’t join our Telegram group and/or Discord
Busiest day: February 23rd
Number of countries with at least one entry: 162
Top three countries with most entries:
Countries that participated in our 1st Mission
Our community also grew a lot:
- Twitter: from ~25,000 to ~46,000
- Telegram: from ~12,000 to ~26,000
- Discord: from maybe 30 to ~15,000
In a nutshell, we only have to thank you for the support and engagement.
The reason for social-task based airdrop
We wanted everyone to have a little bit of $CHEQs to participate in our second Mission. The rewards are higher and also requires more involvement with Cosmos.
Cosmos, The Internet of Blockchains, is an ecosystem of interconnected apps and services. cheqd was built on Cosmos SDK so we’re part of this ever-growing ecosystem.
Therefore, we want to give back to the community. Either through the airdrop or by getting more people to know about Cosmos’ ecosystem.
First Mission. Status: Accomplished.
If you completed every task of the Mission, including referring a friend, you should have received 250 $CHEQs in your cheqd wallet.
Voting: JUNO is the Winner
If you completed all the tasks AND voted for Juno, you should have received an additional 50 $CHEQs.
Top three projects:
- Secret Network
Ok, I got 250 $CHEQs (or 300), what’s next?
You should definitely stake your CHEQ tokens, and participate in our mission to build a decentralised governance system for digital identity. In addition to that, you can participate in the Osmosis DEX liquidity pools for CHEQ:OSMO (pool #602) or CHEQ:ATOM (pool #617).
Read this blog post on Liquidity Pool for more information on what it is and how you can participate in one.
Mission Two - Are you ready?
Mission Two is broken into two stages.
First stage - Cosmos
ATOM (block height 9703992), OSMO (block height 3534866), and JUNO (block height 2223587) chains on Thursday, 10th March 2022. For more information please visit this page. If you had been staking at least the following amounts…
- 10 ATOM
- 20 OSMO
- 20 JUNO
…you will be eligible to claim an airdrop of CHEQ tokens some time on the week commencing Monday 14th March on https://rewards.cheqd.io. We’ll let you know when the airdrop claim is live.
You will get a reward for each of the completed tasks above.
More $CHEQ for you to stake and especially to participate in our Liquidity Pools.
Note: The amount you need to stake is counted across all validators, not just a single validator.
Second Stage - cheqd
We really incentivise you to help cheqd by participating in our Liquidity Pools. To be eligible for more airdrops, do the following:
- Stake at least 100 $CHEQ — you can do it on any validator, with any amount, just make sure that the total amount staked is a 100 $CHEQ or more
- Add at least 250 $CHEQ and the equivalent in OSMO on Liquidity Pool 602 (i.e. CHEQ:OSMO with a 50/50 balance)
- Add at least 250 $CHEQ and the equivalent in ATOM on Liquidity Pool 617 (i.e. CHEQ:ATOM with a 50/50 balance)
For each of the tasks above that you complete, you will receive a reward. In other words, if you want to receive the maximum reward, you simply need to stake and participate in both Liquidity Pools.
You should be eligible to claim the reward on the same rewards page.
- If you completed all the tasks on Mission One, you should have been airdropped already. cheq out your cheqd wallet.
- Mission Two starts today Thursday 10th March 2022
- If you were already staking 10 $ATOM, $20 OSMO, and $20 JUNO before Thursday, 10th March 2022 — you’ll receive a reward PER chain. To use an example, if you were staking some $ATOM but not $OSMO or $JUNO, you’ll receive a one of three rewards available, whilst if you had staked $ATOM, $OSMO and $JUNO you’ll receive all three rewards
- Claim your Mission Two stage one airdrop sometime on the week commencing Monday 14th March 2022 — we’ll let you know when the site is live
- Add your airdrop to our Liquidity Pool 602 and Liquidity Pool 617, and stake 100 $CHEQ. More details on the deadline for this will be mentioned on the rewards site.
- Claim your Mission Two stage two airdrop — we’ll let you know the exact date soon
- Get ready for Mission Three
Airdrops are not simple or easy to run. We get thousands of people trying to game the rules. It took us 3 more days than we originally planned to sort out all the wrong information people used in their entries, cleanse all the thousands of duplicate entries AND to give some people a second chance.
A good example of this, we clearly stated that you must provide a cheqd wallet address to be eligible for the airdrop. Surprise, surprise, we had more than 700 entries that provided a range of other wallet addresses (cosmos, osmo, juno, regen, umee, etc.).
Instead of simply removing them, we decided to convert all these wallets to cheq, as we appreciate the effort people have put to spread the word about cheqd.
But… and there’s always ‘buts’… we could easily see that many people tried to pull a fast one on us and in fact provided different network addresses for the same wallet. Let’s be frank, my frens, our team has identity experts, we can’t be fooled that easily.
Going through this experience, we see that projects running airdrops are crying out for a better identity solution, so we might explore this opportunity and help out other projects that are thinking about doing airdrops.
And, that’s it folks… if you haven’t already, follow us on Twitter, join our Telegram group and Discord server for more information. Come and say hi!